Thursday, August 2, 2007

Thanks to Uncle Jim and Jack!




We've been salvaging buildiing materials and researching new materials like crazy. Billy Baskin has been shopping for energy efficient stoves and coolers. But this is going to be a restaurant, so we needed some fun stuff too! To the rescue came my Uncle Jim, Kelly Kuehl, and my friend Jack Chafee. Jack grew up on Nicollet Island with this upright grand piano, and didn't have a place for it anymore... he has given it to the Stag dining room for safe keeping. Hopefully he'll come and play it for us too. Thanks Jack!

Uncle Jim and Kelly Kuehl are makiing sure we have something every up north fish fry bar needs--- a beer can collection! My Uncle Jim is retiring this fall, and away goes the bar I grew up in... kinda sad, but I do get to display the can collection here, and, we'll be salvaging some other fun bar swag from up there too...

We're still looking for a life-size buck to use for our signage if anybody has a line on one of those....

3 comments:

Nathan D.H. Freeburg said...

So when will you be open? :-)

robot said...

Any chance you could use an exhaust fan? I got a big one - from a restaurant!

Jeffrey S. said...

We have the certificate of occupancy and I believe that they will be open Monday Nov. 19