Friday, May 4, 2007

In the beginning




The first LEED-CI certified restaurant in MN project is underway. Red Stag Supperclub is located at 509 1st Avenue NE, in a two-story heavy timber and brick warehouse. More info on LEED can be found at www.usgbc.org. Information about our upcoming zero-waste block party featuring LOW is available at www.redstagsupperclub.com

Building a restaurant, pretty much building anything these days, is a wasteful endeavor. And restaurants themselves tend to produce too much waste and use lots of energy, resources, and water. With this project, we're trying to be mindful not only of the building process, using the LEED framework as a guide, but also of how much the restaurant will use in terms of resources on an ongoing basis. It's better for the environment and the workers doing the job than the usual way, and, it makes good business sense. More on that later. Who is we? I'll try to populate the blog as I go with some information about many of the wonderful people who are helping make this project a reality. Thanks for visiting!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I can across your website in my search to find more info about the NE Block Party- I live NE, and am looking forward to hearing about your journey! I will keep my eyes open for materials that you might find of use. And I am looking forward to visiting the resturaunt someday soon! See you at the Block Party!